Tenacity is the sense that you are going to see something through no matter what. When we find ourselves confronted with large or difficult tasks, we often feel overwhelmed. This feeling of being overwhelmed can often lead to low arousal blue emotions such as dejection and depression, and it is precisely at such times that we need to cultivate the high arousal emotion of #tenacity.
So how do we do it? Here are some suggestions:
• Begin with the end in mind. Before you begin a task, understand what it is that you are doing, why you are doing it, and what will it look like when you have successfully completed your task.
• Break a big #job down into smaller and simpler jobs.
• Set #goals and be sure to tell someone you trust about your goals. This puts you on the hook.
• Identify #people who have achieved what you are trying to achieve and cultivate a relationship with them. How did they accomplish what you’re trying to accomplish?
• Develop a #timeline for your goals and strive to adhere to them.
• Remove distractions and use these as rewards after you have accomplished your goals.
• Most importantly, don’t let #perfection become the enemy of progress. When we fail to reach a goal, it is natural to give up, but this is the most important time to keep going.
Even if you didn’t meet an initial goal, you probably are better off than when you started, and this needs to be celebrated.
#personaldevelopment #determination #bffacademy #tnolearning #professionalism #focus